1. Fund raising for our Shed Extension — West Peak Hotel (Fri 26th Oct from 5:30 pm)
This Friday night at the West Peak Hotel the Shed is conducting a raffle which is put on by the Hotel. The Hotel provides the tickets and the prizes (which the Shed pays for out of the takings on the night). We sell the tickets and already have volunteer sellers. We need your support at this function so come down for a meal which is available from 5:30 pm, buy a few tickets and enjoy a fun social evening. Raffle draw is at 7:00 pm — usually have about 30 draws so your chances of a win are very good.
2. Shirts & Badges
If you haven’t collected your ordered shirt or badges yet please come down to the Shed to collect. Please have the correct money (shirts $31.50 and badges $8.00 each) or preferable pay by Direct Credit online. For bank details visit the Shed website and look under Membership.
3. Current Projects
• Refurbishing cane furniture.
• Restoring a wooden table top.
• Producing wooden signs for Parks Victoria using the CNC Router.
• Restoring a number of old wooden chairs.
• Restoring an old coffee table.
• Manufacturing two deer guards.
• Preparing Shed Extension site for tree removal and foundation work.
• Producing a Solar Lighting System for the Storage Shed.
• Producing two small desktop storage utilities.
• Planned — Restore an old Eagle Chair from the Falls Creek Lift Co to be displayed at the north end of the Shed.
4. Advance Notice — Living with Anxiety & Building a Resilient Mt Beauty session is on in Mt Beauty Monday 26th November 2018 at the Auditorium 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Information session covers: understanding the role of anxiety, stress and worry, signs and symptoms, anxiety disorders, what’s helpful and not helpful, relaxation techniques and tools, mindfulness, breathing etc and where to go for more information/help. Session is Free and presented by the Anxiety Recovery Centre of Victoria.
5. Advance Notice — November BBQ/General Meeting — Friday 16th November. Guest Speaker Dr Mark Zagorski who will talk about Arthritis and answer any questions you may have.