Sorry I had the 21st March in the heading of this Post. It is the 21st February as indicated in the information below.
- When: Friday 15th February 2019
- Start Time: 11:30 am for a 12 noon sit down BBQ .
- Where: The Shed – 2 Tennis Court Ave Mount Beauty
- Cost: $7/person
- Who is invited: Members, potential members & visitors.
• A short historical DVD will be shown of the construction of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme.
• BBQ — Again the Shed will be providing many BBQ delights. There will be the usual socialising, camaraderie and fellowship.
Major Shed News
- For the March BBQ we will have a Guest Speaker.
- Welcome to new members — Ian Boyd and the Kiewa Valley Fishing Club.
- Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) — Summer Newsletter – The Shedder. Click [HERE].
- Shed Hygiene Policy — Click [HERE] to view. Note: Brian Keeble (not a committee member) has volunteered to draft up policy documents (he has done a number of them now – thanks Brian) in consultation with the Health & Safety sub-committee of himself (as convenor), Ian Howley & Paul L’Huillier. Other policy documents can be viewed on the Shed website under Admin. Click [HERE] to view.
Shed Operating Days & Times — Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Morning tea is at 10:30 am and is a great time to social and to get to know the other men. A gold coin donation thank you. The Lunch break is at ~12:30 pm. You are most welcome.
Double click a Photo to enlarge
1. Fund raising for our Shed Extension — West Peak Hotel
This Friday night 18th January from 5:30 pm. The West Peak Hotel and the Men’s Shed is conducting another raffle which is put on by the Hotel. The Hotel provides the tickets and the prizes (which the Shed pays for out of the takings on the night). We sell the tickets and already have volunteer sellers. We need your support at this function so come down for a meal which is available from 5:30 pm, buy a few tickets and enjoy a fun social evening. Raffle draw is at 7:00 pm — usually have about 30 draws so your chances of a win are very good.
2. Street Christmas Decorations Dismantling (a community project) — This Sunday 20th January. If you can assist meet outside the community centre at 4:00 pm. We need 6-8 men to get the job done in ~2 hours. Bring a hat and drink bottle. Thanks to North East Home Improvement Co for the loan of their mobile scaffolding.
This coming Tuesday 15th January 2019 the Shed re-opens following the Christmas holiday break. As usual Shed opens Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9:30 am to 3:30 pm with morning tea at 10:30 am.
We are having a special morning tea on Tuesday to kick-of the New Year. So please come along for a bit of post Christmas socialising. There will be no sausage sizzle as previously advertised.
West Peak Hotel Shed Raffle — This Friday evening 18th January the Shed is conducting a community raffle to raise funds for our Shed extension. Please come a long and support it. Dinner is from 5:30 pm with the raffle ticket sales 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm with the Raffle Draw at 7:00 pm.
Christmas Street Decoration Dismantling — This will take place this Sunday 20th January starting at 4:00 pm. We need six men for the job with some willing to climb the scaffolding. It takes 2 hours. Please let Dick Puttyfoot know if you can assist: Mob: 0417 836 841 or text.
Rosters (Mowing & Cleaning) — New rosters have been drawn up for the next three months. Please check the noticeboard at the Shed for your name. Please note — all regular Shed attendees and the committee automatically go on the Cleaning Roster. We need more volunteers for the Mowing Roster. Please contact Paul L’Huillier: Mob: 0400 056 247 or text to indicate your willingness to assist. Thanks to those who have already indicated.
Victorian Men’s Shed Association (VMSA) Newsletter — Click [HERE] to view the latest newsletter.
A Christmas message from President Dick Puttyfoot
“Thank-you to all the members and committee that have worked hard and well with each other throughout the year. To all members and their families I wish you a Happy and Joyful Christmas with another new year of fufillment and happiness.”
Christmas Luncheon — This was held on Wednesday 12th December 2018. We had 42 men, their partners and friends attending. Again Mark Hardidge (Chef de Shed) and his team put together a terrific luncheon. Thanks Mark. Our President Dick Puttyfoot (8th year) gave an overview of the year and thanked the committee for the support. Our resident bush poet Irvin Beeston recited three poems that were very entertaining. Lindsay Ikin donated a plant pot he made for auction. Warwick Mitchell acted as the auctioneer. Thanks Lindsay and Warwick. Thanks to the Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre for the use of their hall and kitchen and to the members who helped set up the hall.
Street Christmas Decorations — Last Sunday seven members erected the street Christmas decorations for the Chamber of Commerce. This is the 5th year the Shed has done this. We are paid for the job. Thanks to Campbell Ford (Chamber Rep.) who we liaise with to get the job done. Also thanks to the North East Home Improvement Centre who lend out their mobile scaffolding at no charge. Dismantling will be done mid January. Hope a few different members can assist.
Shed Holiday Dates — Closing on Wednesday 12th Dec 2018 & re-opening Tuesday 15th Jan 2019 (sausage sizzle at 12 noon).
For catering purposes please RSVP by Sunday 9th December to our Chef de Shed Mark Hardidge: Tel: 5754 1619, Mob: 0407 549 651 or Email <email@example.com>.
- Shed Holiday Dates — Closing on Wednesday 12th Dec 2018 & re-opening Tuesday 15th Jan 2019 with a sausage sizzle (snag in bread) at 12 noon.
- Committee Meeting Minutes — View these on the Shed website. Click [HERE].
- Membership Fee is now due ($35.00). Currently we have 51 paid members for 2018/19. Welcome to the following new members: Duncan Robertson, Paul Haskett, Shadwell Fernandez and Giovnni (John) Massa.
- Street Christmas Decorations Erection — This will occur on Sunday 9th December. If you can assist meet outside the Community Centre at 3:45 pm. The Shed is paid for this service.
- Choose Health: Be Active — A Physical Activity Guide for Older Australians. Click [HERE].