The shed was opened to members on 12 January 2016
- Shed Extension – west side. Plans are being drawn up, permits obtained and discussions with the NH Centre re land sharing is happening. This planning and permit approvals is nearing completion as of September 2018.
- Repairing old bikes for resale is ongoing.
- Building extra ladder golf units for resale (20 units have been sold to date).
- Making small brass & wooden 40-year calendars for resale.
- Construction of an external cabinet to house the BBQ on the east side of the Shed.
- Cutting kindling for resale. A shared project with the Hospital Opp Shop.
- Reconditioning a Compressor for resale.
- Repairing a petrol driven drill for resale.
- Adapting a large donated tobacco rack to store all our steel/metal on the west side of the Shed.
- Refurbished an old seat for the Shed.
- Installation of a soundproof laminated glass window between workshop and recreation room.
- Renovating a large wardrobe for resale.
- Hospital Opportunity Shop — ongoing repairs of items donated to the Shop for resale.
- Mt Beauty Art Group — repaired their display frames.
- Primary School — dismantling the old playground fort.
- Mt Beauty Music Festival — producing 20 guitar shapes to use for display purposes.
- Mount Beauty Neighbourhood Centre — Five men spent a day removing all the old tiles from the Centre’s kitchen. A huge job?
- Uniting Church Opportunity Shop — made some display cabinets.
- Hospital — refurbished a seat.
- Scouts/Cubs — conducted an evening instructional session to make a keyboard.
- Senior Citizens Clubrooms — Manufacture and installation of a bike rack.
- Pondage Walk — In conjunction with UKV Lions Club and AGL Energy the replacement of seating around the Pondage.
- Repairs made to a number of chairs.
- Motor mower repairs.
- Repaired a large bed head.
- Made a cake stand.
- Parks Victoria — making wooden signs using the CNC Router.
- Framed two football jumpers.
- Installed a large dust collection/extraction system including building an external shed to house the Unit.
- Installed seven hi-bay lights.
- Air compressor is now housed outside the shed and can be operated from inside thus reducing noise.
- Installed a fly-wire door to the north end of the Shed.
- Work has started on the security gate and fence on the west side of the Shed.
- Planning has started on adding a verandah to the west side of the Shed (committee decided not to go ahead with this project but rather put funds into a Shed extension).
- Repaired old bikes for resale.
- Built another 10 ladder golf units for resale.
- Constructed a table bench for the Recreation Room.
- Conducted 8 x 2-hour sessions as part of the Women in the Shed Skills Program. Done in conjunction with the Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre.
- Built a spinning wheel for the Hospital to be used at their Easter Fete.
- Refurbished a wooden table for the Kiewa Valley House.
- Refurbished a cupboard for the Anglecare Group.
- Repaired another old rocking chair.
- Constructed a large two section kitchen bench.
- Refurbished a wooden kitchen table.
- Repaired and stained a fly-wire screen door.
- Built, delivered and installed a number of deer guards for the Friends of the Clover Arboretum.
- Built another 12 bunks for the Outdoor School – Bogong.
- Built 20 nest boxes for the Kiewa Valley Landcare Group.
- Assisted the Green Army to make 20 possum & bird boxes.
- Built 6 intention boxes for the Parks Victoria.
- Made two knife blocks.
- Made a kayak trolley.
- Made a ski waxing bench and repaired another.
- Erecting the shed flag pole.
- Building 10 sets of the ladder golf games for resale.
- Inserting clocks faces and mechanisms into redgum blocks for resale.
- Repairing bicycles for resale.
- Started landscaping and garden.
- Shade Sail installed at the north end of the shed.
- Erected an Awning over the south roller door.
- Fixed a notice board to the east side of the shed.
- Building a platform seat for the new Lakeside Playground.
- Refurbishment of an old boat for the Lakeview Childcare Centre.
- Building an outdoor sink for the Lakeview Childcare Centre.
- Fitting 4 large wheels to the NHCentre food trolly.
- Building two compost bins from old pallets for the Neighbourhood Centre.
- Making a number of food plater trays for the Neighbourhood Centre.
- Covering the Neighbourhood Centre’s Rose Garden Cafe outside area with shade cloth.
- Assisting community members to move furniture purchased at the Opp Shop.
- Working with Dederang Primary School to introduce students to woodworking skills.
- Assisting Tawonga Primary School to construct picture frames.
- Conducted 10 x 2-hour sessions as part of the ‘Women in the Shed Skills Program‘.
- Producing a wooden sign for a local business.
- Producing 25 Skiing Kangaroo ornaments for the Kangaroo Hoppet organisation.
- Restoring two old rocking chairs.
- Restoring an old table.
- Building a metal cage for the Green Army Trailer.
- Building 34 chicken nest boxes.
- Repairing 6 wooden chairs.
- Constructing 8 deer guards for the Friends of the Clover Arboretum.
- Making 3 cake stands.
- Restoring a bedside table.
- Repairing a large bed head.
- Restoring a large pine table.
- Making a large knife block.
- Making a small cart to transport a kayak.
- Refurbishment of a dressing table.
- June 2014 – January 2016: Outfitting the internals of the Shed, concreting roller door entrances and paving the verandah.
- Annually: Erecting & taking down of Christmas street decorations.
- Annually: Providing supervision at the February Sweet Valley Sounds event.
- Annually: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball Club gate.
- Erected three new signs for the Mount Beauty Neighbourhood Centre.
Bunk Building (a major project)
In September 2014 the Men’s Shed was contracted by the Bogong Outdoor Education Centre (now called the Outdoor School Bogong) to build 31 bunks. The Scout Hall was hired and outfitted with machinery, benches and tools and an enthusiastic group started the project under the direction of Ian Docking, Warwick Mitchell and Dick Puttyfoot. This was a good source of funds for the Shed which went towards outfitting the new Shed.
- December: Installation of the remaining 18 Bunks at the Bogong OEC.
- October: Installation of the first 13 bunks at the Bogong Outdoor Education Centre.
- May-Sept: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball gate.
- February: Evening supervision at the Sweet Valley Sounds Day.
- Dec ’13 – Jan ’14: Erecting & taking down of Christmas street decorations.
- May-Sept: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball Club gate for home games.
- June: Refurbishment of the old Lions Club Storage Shed with assistance from the Alpine Shire.
Footy Season Fundraising — Selling raffle tickets (at the entrance gate) at the Dederang/Mount Beauty Football & Netball Club’s nine home games in 2016. We also collect the Club’s gate entry for them. Winners have the option of a trailer load of wood or a Bunnings sales voucher worth $100.00 . This is the Shed’s major fundraising activity for the year.