Shed was opened to members on 12 January 2016
- Erecting the Shed Flag Pole.
- Building 10 sets of the Ladder Golf Games for resale.
- Inserting clocks faces and mechanisms into redgum blocks for resale.
- Repairing bicycles for resale.
- Started landscaping and garden.
- Shade Sail installed at the north end of the Shed.
- Erected Awning over the south roller door.
- Fixed a Notice Board to the east side of the Shed.
- Building a Platform Seat for the new Lakeside Playground.
- Refurbishment of an old boat for the Lakeview Childcare Centre.
- Building an outdoor sink for the Lakeview Childcare Centre.
- Fitting 4 large wheels to the NHCentre food trolly.
- Building 2 Compost Bins from old pallets for the Neighbourhood Centre.
- Making a number of food plater trays for the Neighbourhood Centre.
- Covering the N’hood Centre Rose Garden Cafe outside area with shade cloth.
- Assisting community members to move furniture purchased at the Opp Shop.
- Working with Dederang Primary School to introduce students to woodworking skills.
- Assisting Tawonga Primary School to construct picture frames.
- Conducted 10 x 2 hour sessions as part of the ‘Women in the Shed Skills Program’.
- Producing a wooden sign for a local buisness.
- Producing 25 Skiing Kangaroo ornaments for the Kangaroo Hoppet organisation.
- Restoring two old Rocking Chairs.
- Restoring an old table.
- Building a metal cage for the Green Army Trailer.
- Building 34 chicken nest boxes.
- Repairing 6 wooden chairs.
- Constructing 8 Deer Guards for the Friends of the Clover Arboretum.
- Making 3 cake stands.
- Restoring a bedside table.
- Repairing a large bed head.
- Restoring a large pine table.
- Making a large knife block.
- Making a small cart to transport a kayak.
- Refurbishment of a dressing table.
- June 2014 – January 2016: Outfitting the internals of the Shed, concreting roller door entrances and paving the verandah.
- Annually: Erecting & taking down of Christmas street decorations.
- Annually: Providing supervision at the February Sweet Valley Sounds event.
- Annually: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball Club gate.
- Erected three new signs for the Neighbourhood Centre.
Bunk Building (a major project)
In September 2014 the Men’s Shed was contracted by the Bogong Outdoor Education Centre (now called the Outdoor School Bogong) to build 31 bunks. The Scout Hall was hired and outfitted with machinery, benches and tools and an enthusiastic group started the project under the direction of Ian Docking, Warwick Mitchell and Dick Puttyfoot. This was a good source of funds for the Shed which went towards outfitting the new Shed.
Slide will change automatically in 7 seconds otherwise click the white navigation arrows shown on the left and right side of the photo. There is a Pause/Play icon at the top as well.
- December: Installation of the remaining 18 Bunks at the Bogong OEC.
- October: Installation of the first 13 Bunks at the Bogong Outdoor Education Centre.
- May – Sept: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball gate.
- February: Evening supervision at the Sweet Valley Sounds Day.
- Dec ’13 – Jan ’14: Erecting & taking down of Christmas street decorations.
- May – Sept: Manning the Dederang/Mt Beauty Football & Netball Club gate for home games.
- June: Refurbishment of the old Lions Club Storage Shed with assistance from the Alpine Shire.
Footy Season Fundraising — Selling raffle tickets (at the entrance gate) at the Dederang/Mount Beauty Football & Netball Club’s nine home games in 2016. We also collect the Club’s gate entry for them. Winners have the option of a trailer load of wood or a Bunnings sales voucher worth $100.00 . This is the Shed’s major fundraising activity for the year.