Read the Victorian Government letter [HERE]
Thank you — The Men’s Shed committee would like to thank the following for the support given that resulted in the success of the Shed Extension Project Application.
- The 27 community organisations and businesses that provided letters of support;
- Helen Mathew (Mountain Creek Architecture) for the very professional work on the plans;
- Tiffany Clare our local Victorian Department of Health & Human Services liaison person in Wangaratta;
- The Shed Members who encouraged the committee to initiate the project and to see it through.
- Erection of the Street Christmas Decorations — Sunday 8th December starting at 4:00 pm opposite the Community Centre. This is an annual community event for the Shed. If you can assist please contact Paul L’Huillier — Mobile: 0400 056 247 or Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Help appreciated.
- Shed Holiday Dates — Shed closes Wednesday 11th December 2019 and re-opens on Tuesday 14th January 2010 with a FREE sausage sizzle (snag in bread) at 12 noon.
- Member news — A number of members have been on the sick and injured list of late. We wish David Wood, Roland Passuello, Reg Hollonds, Shane Clooney, John Driver and Warwick Mitchell a speedy recovery.
- New member — Welcome to Jeff Cummings. Thank you for the support and we will see you at the Shed.
- Current Projects — More Deer Guards for the Friends of the Clover Arboretum, Bee Hives: the Kenyan Topbar type, miniature wooden wheelbarrow making, work for the Neighbourhood Centre i.e. construction of a concrete ramp, erection of another shed plus foundations and a fence, refurbishment of a clients vanity cabinet, covering of the NHCentre’s greenhouse with shade-cloth, cake stand, upgrading a donated trailer for Shed use and construction of bench seats for the Secondary College.
The annual Christmas Luncheon was held last Wednesday 20th November in the Alex McCullough Hall. We had 47 in attendance. Thank you to Trish Dixon (manager) of the Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre for the use of the Hall and the kitchen. Very much appreciated.
Our Chef de Shed Mark Hardidge and his band of helpers provided the usual excellent luncheon. A number of presentations were made to recognise people who have assisted the Shed (see below).