- When: Friday 16th November 2018
- Start Time: 11:30 am for a 12 noon sit down BBQ .
- Where: The Shed – 2 Tennis Court Ave Mount Beauty
- Cost: $7/person
- Who is invited: Members, potential members & visitors.
• BBQ — Again the Shed will be providing many BBQ delights. There will be the usual socialising, camaraderie and fellowship.
Note — The early start will allow for Shed inspection, project updates, demonstrations and general chit chat on all things to do with the Shed. Food will be served at 12 noon.
Major Shed News
- November BBQ — Guest Speaker Dr Mark Zagorski who will talk about Arthritis and answer any questions you may have.
- Death Literacy Course — Presented by Rose Sexton*. This is a short course at the Neighbourhood Centre commencing Monday November 12th, 11.30am – 1.30pm and runs for four weeks. Cost for the four sessions is $30.00. Course examines topics around death and dying, living well until the end, planning for a good death, grief, dying in the 20th century, planning your own funeral etc. Bookings — contact the Neighbourhood Centre Tel: 5754 1166.
*Rose is a local registered nurse who has a passion for palliative care, advance care planning, and sparking conversations about death and dying.
- Living with Anxiety & Building a Resilient Mt Beauty — This session is on in Mt Beauty Monday 26th November 2018 at the Auditorium 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Information session covers: understanding the role of anxiety, stress and worry, signs and symptoms, anxiety disorders, what’s helpful and not helpful, relaxation techniques and tools, mindfulness, breathing etc and where to go for more information/help. Session is Free and presented by the Anxiety Recovery Centre of Victoria.
- Victorian Men’s Shed Association (VMSA) — October Newsletter. Click [HERE].
- Blair’s Hut Day Trip (13th December 2018) — Blair’s Hut is in the West Kiewa Valley and 40 km from Mt Beauty and is accessed via the West Kiewa Logging Track which is a very acceptable 4WD track. The plan is to invite members who don’t have a 4WD vehicle to be passengers in a vehicle driven by a competent driver. It’s a whole day trip so you will need to bring your own food, snacks, drink, thermos, hat, wet weather gear etc. The camp/picnic area (Diamantina Stockyards) that we park at is very nice. You may need to walk 1.5 km to the hut from there. If you have never had the opportunity to see some of our high country this is it. We need to know your interest so please place your name on the clipboard in the Shed ASAP.
Membership Fees Due — Membership fees have been kept the same as last year i.e. $35.00 individual and $50.00 for a community organisation or business. Fees were due and payable by 30th September 2018. Please visit the Shed Website <www.MountBeautyMensShed.org.au> and look under membership for methods of payment.
If you don’t intend to re-join please let the Shed know your intentions so you can be removed from the database — Email <email@example.com>
Shed Operating Days & Times — Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Morning tea is at 10:30 am and is a great time to social and to get to know the other men. Gold coin donation thank you. The Lunch break is at ~12:30 pm. You are most welcome.