- When: Friday 18th August 2017
- Start Time: 11:30 am for a 12 noon sit down BBQ .
- Where: The Shed – 2 Tennis Court Ave Mount Beauty
- Cost: $5/person
- Who is invited: Members, potential members & visitors.
Program: Mark Hardidge, our own Chef de Shed, will again be providing us with many BBQ delights. There will be the usual socialising, camaraderie and fellowship.
Note the change of start time to 11:30 for Shed inspection, project updates and general chit chat on all things to do with the Shed. Food will be served at 12 noon.
Major Shed News
- AGM next month including our monthly BBQ (Friday 15th September).
- What does it cost to operate the Shed for 12 months? Click [HERE] to view our OPERATING costs.
- Women in the Men’s Shed Program. The Shed is currently providing an opportunity for the ladies of the community to expand their knowledge and skills in woodwork, tool usage and other general maintenance. Dick Puttyfoot and Ervin Beeston are again conducting this program.
- Men’s Health Sessions conducted by professionals as a talk and question session at future BBQ’s. With the help of Maureen Ryland (Alpine Health) the Shed has put together a program that will be conducted for 40 minutes at future BBQ’s starting with the October BBQ. It will be held every two months after that.
- Verandah for the west side of the Shed. Plans are currently being drawn up to add a 12m x3m verandah to the Shed. This will increase our storage capacity and also provide an undercover working space.
- Shed Operating Days & Times — Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Morning tea is at 10:30 am and is a great time to social and to get to know the other men. Gold coin donation thank you. The Lunch break is at 12:30 pm. You are most welcome.
Click [HERE] to view the Australian Men’s Shed Association Newsletter called ‘The Shedder’.