- When: Friday 18th October 2019
- Start Time: 11:30 am for a 12 noon sit down BBQ .
- Where: The Shed – 2 Tennis Court Ave Mount Beauty
- Cost: $7.00
- Who is invited: Members, potential members & visitors.
• BBQ — Again the Shed will be providing many BBQ delights. There will be the usual socialising, camaraderie and fellowship. Our very short Special General Meeting and talk by the guest speaker will follow the sit-down BBQ lunch.
• Special General Meeting — This is being held too change a small item of our constitution as indicated in the email sent to members dated 27 September 2019. Click [HERE] to view.
• Guest Speaker — Craig Vine owns and operates Summit Driver Training (mob: 0427 722 287 or email <email@example.com>).
He has accepted the Shed’s invitation again to talk to members about the latest driving laws and caravan towing regulations. Craig is an experienced driver of over 30 years and understands the importance of being a confident driver and staying safe on the road. He is local to the Tawonga and Mt Beauty area.
- West Peak Raffle fundraiser — Friday 18th October. Come along and support this initiative. Dinner from 5:30 pm and 20 raffle draws at 7:00 pm. Funds towards the Shed Extension.
- Campe Diem Play — Saturday 26th October 2019 — a live theatre event. Community Centre 7:00 pm for 7:30 pm start. Tickets $25 / $20 — Bar, supper & raffle available. A highly entertaining live theatre event addressing suicide prevention. It is a contemporary portrayal of every day Australian males dealing with issues of health, grief, loss and depression. Written by local Megan Rigoni. Click [HERE] for more information. Note: Carpe Diem is latin and is pronounced (Kar-pay Dee-em) and means ‘Seize the Day’.
- Visit to the Tawonga Sth Stoewer Car Museum — Tuesday 29th October 2019. We meet at the Shed at 9:30 am sharp and travel to the location at 7573 Kiewa Valley Highway (just past the Bright turn-off). Park up on the road. Entry is a donation and a morning tea. You can travel independently if you wish.
- Shed Garage Sale — Saturday 2nd November 2019: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Shed has a lot of donated gear to sell and this is an opportunity to get a bargain. A sausage sizzle is planned. If members have some ‘useful’ items that they wish to donate please bring them to the Shed on the day. Note — if the item(s) remain unsold you will need to pick them up following the sale. Thank you.
- Christmas Luncheon — Wednesday 20th November 2019.
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Use – An Update — The Shed will be organising this update in the near future.
Membership Fees due…
Following the AGM in September the fee has been kept the same as last year i.e. $35.00. You can pay at the Shed (Tuesday or Wednesday) but please bring the correct money. The treasurer’s preferred method of payment is by Direct Credit. Bank details are as follows: Account name: Mt Beauty & District Men’s Shed Inc., BSB: 633 000 & Account #: 144372661. Fees were due by 30th September 2019.
Aluminium Boat – FOR SALE
The Shed has a 3m Aluminium Boat for sale including rowlocks and oars — $150.00. View at the Shed.
Women in the Men’s Shed Program
If your partner or friend would like to participate in this program please get them to contact the Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre ASAP to book. Tel: 5754 1166.