The Clean-Up — Thank you to the nine members who put in the ‘big ones’ (3.5 hours) yesterday to give the Shed a good clean-up. They were: Dick, Mark, Reg, Brian, Bob, Ray, Len, Shane & Paul. Even though the Shed is given a clean-up each week a though going over (like yesterday) needs to be an annual event.
Membership Fees are due by the end of October 2017 — Please Click [HERE] for payment options. Just a reminder that members must be financial to be covered by our Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
Projects in progress
- West side security fence & gate;
- Planning for the construction of a verandah on the west side of the Shed;
- Refurbishment of an old Carousel Rocking Horse;
- Repairing the Dragon Boat and Head piece;
- Display boxes;
- Women in the Shed Program (2 weeks to go for completion);
- Cutting Board;
- Cutting up and bagging scrap wood for kindling to sell;
- Repairing old bikes for resale;
- Making Ladder Golf sets to sell;
- Extra work on the Dust Extraction System;
- Adding two more ‘Suspended Electrical Sockets‘;
- Finishing the circular face for the Spinning Wheel (frame completed).
- Rotary Garage Sale — Saturday November 4th, 2017. The Shed again will have a site. If you have items that you would like to donate to the Shed for resale please leave at the Shed. This sale is another important fundraiser for the Shed.
- Christmas Luncheon — Wednesday 6th December, 2017 at 12 noon in the Alex McCullough Hall (next to the Shed). It’s only $12.00 (pay at the door). More details to come.
- No BBQ in November.
The Shedder – Newsletter of the Australian Men’s Shed Association – October ’17. Click [HERE] to view.
— Shed Operating Days & Times —
Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Morning tea is at 10:30 am and is a great time to social and to get to know the other men. Gold coin donation thank you.
The Lunch break is at 12:30 pm. You are most welcome.