A unique Shed Program and a major Shed development Project.
- Women in the Shed Skills Development Program (10 sessions) — This has been conducted pre-Christmas and has continued on in January and February. The instructors have been Dick Puttyfoot and Irvin Beeston who have been helping a class of five ladies to learn practical skills that they can be use in and around the home. It has been run in conjunction with the Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre. Thanks Dick and Irvin for offering to run this program.
- Installation of a Dust Extraction & Collection System — The planning of the system, and the ordering and delivery of the items has been completed. A small group of keen members have been working on this project for two months and today saw the beginnings of all the hard work. The installation has started. Thanks to Irvin Beeston (co-ordinator), Rob Van de Linden, Mal Darwent, Warwick Mitchell, Les Bevan and Rod Hyde for all the input to this project. If things go smoothly it should be fully functional by the end of February.
- Irvin Beeston’s Shed Poetry is now on the Shed website. Click [HERE] to view Irvin’s five poems that he has written. They are brilliant!
- Jayco Herald Sun Tour (cycling) — Second stage starts in Hollonds St, Mt Beauty on Friday 3 February at 10 am. The Shed, in conjunction with the UKV Lions Club, is running a fundraising BBQ (egg & bacon roll & cold drink) in the SK Pearce Gardens from 7:30 am. Come along and support the riders and also the Shed and Lions Club.
- Spanner in the Works (health check) — In March the Shed, in conjunction with Alpine Health, will be conducting a ‘Spanner in the Works’ health check. More information will be communicated in mid March.
- Planning Meeting (held Friday 20th January — 15 members in attendance). Ian Howley is currently collating the information from this meeting and members will be notified shortly of the outcomes.
- New Members — Welcome to new members Ezio Minutello (Tawonga Sth), Larry Gardam (Tawonga Sth) and Dean Giuliani (Kancoona).