Important Shed News
Changed Days & Times from Tuesday 6th September
- Tuesday: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm — Supervisors: Mark Hardidge or Warwick Mitchell or Reg Hollond
- Wednesday: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm — Supervisors: Dick Puttyfoot or John Driver or Irvin Beeston
Note: The three Supervisors decide who is on duty that day via a roster they workout between themselves.
Note: Shed will not be open on Thursdays as previous.
The Friday 23rd September BBQ is associated with Prostate Awareness Month. We have a local, Bob Flower, who has just been treated for Prostate Cancer to talk about his experience. This health issue applies to all men so make a point to come and learn about the issues.
The Annual General Meeting will be on Friday 21st October 2016 at the Shed (not in September as previous).
Our Annual Christmas Luncheon will be on Wednesday 7th December at the Mount Beauty Neighbourhood Centre’s – Alex McCullough Hall.
Click [HERE] to view the Victorian Men’s Shed Association Newsletter – August 2016
Projects recently finished, still in progress or to start
- Boat is completed and in place, free of charge, at the Lakeview Children’s Centre. A big project ably lead by Ray Connelly and assisted by Les, Len, Ray McD and Bob.
- 34 Chicken Nest Boxes are completed thanks to Warwick and Ian.
- Children’s Sink is completed and installed, free of charge, at the Lakeview Children’s Centre. Thanks Mal and Jordan.
- Making up and fitting of a metal bracket to hold gas bottle on a Ride-On-Mobility-Scooter. Thanks Les and Dick.
- Rocking Chair is ready for reassembling and a final Polyurethane finish. Thanks Roland and Jordan.
- Flag Pole is ready to be inserted into the ground. Thanks Les and Warwick and to the Green Army for assistance with the hole digging (it’s a deep hole).
- Three more Deer Guards are finished and ready for transport to the Arboretum. Thanks Les and Dick. Another four to be made.
- Knife Block. Looking for a worker to make this.
- Chairs x2 repaired are finished with another 4 to repair. Volunteers for this job needed.
- Intention Boxes for Parks Victoria – cut out ready for Green Army assembling and painting. Marine Ply and paint provided by Parks. Warwick has the work in hand.
- Construct a Metal Storage Cage for the top of the Green Army Trailer. Looking for a welder.
- Fitting large wheels to the NH Centre food trolly so it can be wheeled to the Primary School canteen. Dick has this in hand.