Please note – If these emails do not display correctly in the email application that you use e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Yahoo Mail etc you can always view the content on the Shed’s website. A shortcut for this is displayed at the top of the email ‘View this email in your web browser’.
The News Bulletin of the Mount Beauty & District Men’s Shed
Ian Howley – Life Membership
Christmas Lunch — Sunday 12th December
Membership is now Due!
Thank you to the 43 members who have renewed their membership for 2021/22. There is a number who have not but we value your support. The fee is $45.00.
Please pay at the Bendigo back in person indicating that the payment is from you or preferably by Direct Credit into the Shed bank account.
Bank details are as follows. Mount Beauty & District Men’s Shed Inc, BSB: 633 000, Account #: 144372661.
Nuts & Bolts
- Birthday Boy for December — Congratulations to birthday boy: Ian Boyd who celebrates a birthday.
- Christmas Luncheon — This will be held on Sunday 12th December at the Shed. Cost is $10.00.
- Garage Sale — This is planned for New Years Day 1st January 2022 at the Shed (9:00 am to 12 noon). If you have some donated items that you think will sell please bring to the Shed to assist with this fundraising event.
- Welcome to New Member — Ian Cohn.
- Holiday dates for the diary — Shed will close for the Christmas holidays on Wednesday 15th December and re-open on Tuesday 11th January 2022. With our new Evaporative Coolers it should be pretty comfortable working.
- Remembrance Day – 11th November — President Dick made a wreath and laid it at the Cenotaph on behalf of the Men’s Shed. Dick does this each year. Thanks Dick.
- Tools & Equipment for loan — as a Men’s Shed member you are entitled to borrow tools/equipment on a short-term basis. There is a Registration Book in the Recreation Room to fill out. Make sure you check with the Day Shed Supervisor that it is OK to borrow that item. It could be being used by another member for a project. Also, the Shed has a ‘Stair Climbing Trolley’ that it shares with the Kiewa Valley Opp Shop in Tawonga Crescent and this can be borrowed from them. Just mention you are a men’s shed member when asking..
- 9th Men’s Shed Gathering (Conference) — Albury NSW (Tuesday 29th to Wednesday 30th March 2022).
- Wodong Men’s Shed Video (4 minutes). It’s a beauty! Click this link to view <https://www.facebook.com/Wodongamansshed/videos/4610801352273267> Note – to hear the audio you may have to click the audio icon in the bottom right of the facebook window.
Shed Wireless – a new initiative from AMSA – Click [HERE] to listen. Professionally produced and has heaps of Shed information. Each episode is ~1hr 15min. It is definitely worth checking out. It currently has an audience of over 10,000 listeners in a number of countries.
Shed Online – Stay Connected with Your Mates. Click this link The AMSA Shed Online. Members need to register to join the Forums – an easy process.