Please note – If these emails do not display correctly in the email application that you use e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Yahoo Mail etc you can always view the content on the Shed’s website. A shortcut for this is displayed at the top of the email ‘View this email in your web browser’.
The News Bulletin of the Mount Beauty & District Men’s Shed
2022 Alpine Shire Australia Day Awards
BBQ & Presentation — Friday 18th February
The Friday 18th February BBQ will start at 11:30 am for a sit-down lunch at 12 noon. The cost is $7.00. Please bring the correct money. Feel free to bring a friend and introduce them to the Men’s Shed. There is plenty of opportunity for socialising and catching up with mates. Members and friends must show proof of Full Vax prior to entry.
We have a speaker — Paul L’Huillier will be giving a talk about a five day crossing of the Simpson Desert he and his friends did last year travelling from Mt Dare (SA) in the west to Birdsville (Qld) in the east for 650 km and crossing 1,136 sand dunes in five days. The presentation includes slides and videos.
Nuts & Bolts
- Birthday Boys for January & February — Congratulations to birthday boys: Duncan Robertson, Phil Armitage, Mark Hardidge, Alf Thistlethwaite, Larry Gardam & Paul Haskett who celebrate a birthday.
- Condolences to Gary & Jackquie Hollonds (and grandparents Reg & Yvonne Hollonds) on the passing of son Chris.
- Monthly BBQ & Presentation — This will be held on Friday 18th February at the Shed for a sit done lunch at 12 noon. Cost is $7.00. The Presentation — Last year Paul L’Huillier and friends did a five day crossing of the Simpson Desert travelling from Mt Dare (SA) in the west to Birdsville (Qld) in the east for 650 km and crossing 1,136 sand dunes. The presentation includes slides and videos of the trip.
- Committee Meeting — First for the year. Monday 14th February. Any member that wishes to raise concerns or issues or has ideas that they would like pursued please contact the secretary <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Tools & Equipment for loan — as a Men’s Shed member you are entitled to borrow tools/equipment on a short-term basis. There is a Registration Book in the Recreation Room to fill out. Make sure you check with the Day Shed Supervisor that it is OK to borrow that item. It could be being used by another member for a project. Also, the Shed has a ‘Stair Climbing Trolley’ that it shares with the Kiewa Valley Opp Shop in Tawonga Crescent and this can be borrowed from them. Just mention you are a men’s shed member when asking..
- 9th Men’s Shed Gathering (Conference) — Albury NSW (Tuesday 29th to Wednesday 30th March 2022). The registration fee is $175.00. If any member would like to attend the Shed maybe able to part subside the fee. Let us know. We hope to have good representation at the Gathering.
2021 Christmas Lunch
News Year Day Garage Sale – very successful
Shed Wireless – a new initiative from AMSA – Click [HERE] to listen. Professionally produced and has heaps of Shed information. Each episode is ~1hr 15min. It is definitely worth checking out. It currently has an audience of over 10,000 listeners in a number of countries.
Shed Online – Stay Connected with Your Mates. Click this link The AMSA Shed Online. Members need to register to join the Forums – an easy process.
Thank you to the 45 members who have renewed their membership for 2021/22. There is a number who have not but we value your support. The fee is $45.00.
Please pay at the Bendigo back in person indicating that the payment is from you or preferably by Direct Credit into the Shed bank account.
Bank details are as follows. Mount Beauty & District Men’s Shed Inc, BSB: 633 000, Account #: 144372661.