In the last week we have had the Shade Sail installed and with the generosity of AGL have had two Power Station Runners donated, transported and placed in position at the north end of the Shed. These will provide an attractive feature and will no doubt arouse curiosity with the public. It is planned to display information about the Runners.
Other Shed News
- We have purchased items for a Dust Extraction and Collection System that will be installed in the new year. This is a very big and expensive job. Irvin Beeston is convening the working group of Mal Darwent, Rob Van de Linden, Warwick Mitchell, Les Bevan and Rod Hyde.
- Also in the new year there are plans to fence off the west side of the Shed and build a verandah on the west side to improve security and increase our storage space which is always at a premium.
- Lawn Mowing Co-ordinator — Reg Hollonds has taken on this role. The boys like the new Ride-On.
- Personal Storage Lockers — Mal Darwent has acquired some lockers that can be used by members to store personal items.
- Membership – We have 63 members. Thank you to all those who have renewed for 2016/17.
- Women in the Men’s Shed Skills Program — Dick Puttyfoot and Irvin Beeston conducted this pilot program for five women over 7 x 2 hour sessions once a week. It was run in conjunction with the Neighbourhood Centre.
- Christmas Luncheon —We had 56 members and partners at the Luncheon held in the Alex McCullough Hall. Our Chef de Shed Mark Hardidge and his band of helpers are to be congratulated. President Dick Puttyfoot presented Graeme Caulfield with an Achievement Award for his five years of committee service to the Shed. Graeme has retired from the committee. A Participation Award was also presented to Jordan McNicol.
- Garden — Work on the garden has commenced and a few scrubs planted. More work in the new year.
Shed Days & Hours — Shed will re-open after the Christmas break on Tuesday 17th January 2017. Shed will then be open Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Morning tea 10:30 am and lunch 12:30 pm.