Future Shed Operations
The Shed has a duty of care to its members, and as a consequence of the Coronavirus threat, the committee met on Tuesday morning and decided to close the Shed to members. Because our members are in the most vulnerable age group, this closure will stay in place until the health authorities indicate that the threat has passed.
This decision is in line with AMSA and VMSA recommendations to close Sheds at this time.
- Bill Griffith R.I.P. — Bill was the Shed’s oldest member at 96 years and passed away last week. He was a long time Men’s Shed member and supported us for eight years. Though not an active member he attended a number of our monthly social BBQ functions and annual Christmas Luncheons. He was generous with his donations. Condolences go to his family.
- Ian Howley — Ian is currently having an operation in Albury. The Shed wishes him a speedy recovery. Ian, you have a Shed Extension to build!
- Gentile Steel Fabrications of Coral Bank have won the tender to build the Shed Extension. We are anticipating that building will start prior to winter.
- West Peak Hotel Raffle — This was to be held this Friday evening but has now been cancelled.
- For Sale — Kenyan Top Bar Bee Hives and Miniature Miner’s Wheelbarrow Planter Box. If you know of anybody who might be interested in these items please get them to call mobile: 0400 056 247.
The Council on the Ageing – Victoria (COTA) have produced an excellent up-to-date ‘Fact Sheet‘ on all things to do with the Coronavirus. A must-read for all of us in the ‘vulnerable age group‘. Click [HERE] to read.
Victorian Men’s Shed Association (VMSA)
Click [HERE] to read the March 2020 Newsletter.